State-wide entrance examination scheduled for Sunday, December 9, 2018
Uttar Pradesh, 10th October 2018: VidyaGyan Leadership Academy today announced that the application submission deadline for its 2018-19 academic session has been extended till October 31, 2018. The first round of examinations will be conducted on the December 9, 2018.
VidyaGyan is a free residential school for meritorious, economically underprivileged, rural students of Uttar Pradesh (UP). Around 400 students are selected every year for admission to VidyaGyan after two rounds of competitive exams.
The three-stage admission process at VidyaGyan constitutes:
- Preliminary written test in all districts of UP
- Written test for children shortlisted in the preliminary round
- Interaction with the selected students and their families
- Applicants should be studying in Grade V in a rural school
- As of 31st March 2019, the girls should be a minimum of 10 years and a maximum of 12 years and the boys should be a minimum of 10 years and a maximum of 11 years of age.
- Students should belong to rural, low-income households (with a combined family income of not more than Rs.1 lakh per annum).
Established in 2009, VidyaGyan has transformed the lives of several students and their families till date. The performances of VidyaGyan students have been exemplary in both academics and co-curricular activities. In 2017, 363 students appeared for their grade XII board examinations and they graduated with an average score of 87%. 32 of these students scored 100 in different subjects. A whopping 36% of our students scored above 90%. Students of VidyaGyan were selected by prestigious institutions in India including IITs, NITs, Delhi University etc. Four students were also selected by some of the top Universities in the US with full financial aid for four years including Babson College, Bryn Mawr College, University of Rochester and Haverford College.