- To host the first edition of its tech conference ‘OYO Check-in 2018’ – a first for any hospitality company in India
- A testament to OYO’s commitment to investing in e-enabling the hospitality industry through continued investments in technology products, processes and people
New Delhi, September 22, 2018: OYO, South Asia’s largest hotel chain, has today announced its plan to hire over 2020 technology experts and engineers by 2020. The announcement was made at the launch of OYO’s maiden tech conference, which is an industry-first initiative for any hospitality chain. The event also witnessed a product showcase that highlighted the cool and innovative technology applications introduced by OYO in order to automate every customer, hotel partner and OYOprenuer touch point, and thereby improve efficiencies. These initiatives are a testament to OYO’s commitment to investing in e-enabling the hospitality industry through continued investments in technology products, processes and people.
Ritesh Agarwal, Founder & CEO, OYO, said, “We are really delighted to inaugurate the first edition of OYO’s tech conference, an industry first event that aims to explore the true potential of technology in revolutionizing the hospitality experience for both travellers and hoteliers. At OYO, we currently have 700 technology experts and engineers that have developed over 20 in-house products helping 10,000+ asset partners globally and making them better hospitality players. With another 2020 experts joining us by 2020, we will continue to invest in technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning, and IoT, that will make curated guest experiences at every price point a reality, while ensuring sustainable incomes for partners and livelihood opportunities for several Indians. Through these efforts, we are glad to partner with the government in its goal of creating millions of economic opportunities, thereby powering the country’s growth to a USD 5 trillion economy by 2025.”
Speaking on the occasion, Anil Goel, Chief Technology Officer, OYO, said ‘’We are beyond thrilled to expand and strengthen the count of OYOpreneurs in our technology unit by 2020. We are at the forefront of transforming India’s and global hospitality experience and technology is not just an enabler but a driver of hassle-free and quality experience for travellers, our asset partners and anyone who is looking for a beautiful living space to stay. We continue to invest heavily in talent and next-gen technologies like IoT, AI, machine learning while building a team that faces issues plaguing the archaic infrastructure of traditional hospitality heads on. We are building a technology ecosystem that’s an embodiment of what OYO stands for – Agility, Precision and Excellence.’’
Technology has always been a key differentiator for OYO. As an intersection of real estate, hospitality and technology, OYO has 20+ technological products that power various business verticals, and has helped the company build capabilities that make it possible to add over 12,000 rooms every month under its portfolio. At present, OYO offers multiple app-based solutions both for its customers, employees and asset partners.
- Its Property Manager app acts as an end to end one-stop solution tablet-based app for managing all daily functions of the property – visibility, bookings sales channels, customer requests, housekeeping, finances.
- With the Owner App, the asset owners can have complete visibility of cash flows, business performance, pricing, customer reviews and recommendations.
- OYO Captains (key contacts for guests and hoteliers in a certain geographical area) use Krypton for auditing OYO hotels and OYO’s BD managers use the AI-enabled inputs on the Orbis app to onboard new properties and hotels.
- Personalized search: OYO’s AI based algorithms helps the chain in predicting the most suited properties at best location at correct price for its customers
- OYO’s integration with AI-based bots has enabled it to readily assist customers in serving their needs and hence driving an impressive level of customer delight
About OYO’s inaugural Tech Conference – Check-in 2018:
Check-in 2018 will showcase the hotel chain’s entire tech stack in the presence of its leadership, OYOpreneurs and experts in the field of technology, India’s startup ecosystem and investors including MakeMyTrip’s Rajesh Magow, Bejul Somaia of Lightspeed, Anand Daniel from Accel, Mohit Bhatnagar from Sequoia, Dhruv Agarwala from PropTiger among others. The two-day event will also witness keynote addresses, panel discussions, exhibition, fireside chat and sessions on multiple topics, including System Security, Developing Apps for a Global Audience, Network Planning, Tech-led Value Added Services, Distributed Task Allocation and IP & Patent Protection.
OYO Hotels, world’s largest digital hotel chain, with footprints in more than 349 cities across India, China, Malaysia, Nepal, and the UK. With over 10, 000 exclusive hotels in its chain, OYO is one of a kind and has pioneered world’s first full stack technology led hospitality model. Its network includes major metros, regional business hubs, top leisure destinations as well as pilgrimage towns. OYO is backed by leading investors, including the SoftBank Group, Greenoak Capital, Sequoia India, Lightspeed India, Hero Enterprise and China Lodging Group.
For more information, log on to https://www.oyorooms.com/